Sunday, January 1, 2017

IELTS Materials and Resources, Get IELTS Tips, Tricks & Practice Test

IELTS Materials and Resources, Get IELTS Tips, Tricks & Practice Test


IELTS SPEAKING PRACTICE TEST 39 & BAND 8.0 SAMPLE ANSWERS

Posted: 01 Jan 2017 04:12 AM PST

Check out IELTS Speaking Recent Actual Test in December 2016 & Sample Answers to be well prepared for both IELTS Academic & General Training Test.

IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics & Questions 

  1. Where do you live?

I live in [______] which is located in [_____]. It's a hustle and bustle city with lots of trees. There are lots of skycrapers and historical sites so my city is like the combination of both modern and traditional styles.

  1. What do you like about your living area?

Lots of things. I love the tranquility of the city in early mornings, the air is so fresh and everything is at piece.  It turns into animated city with bars and clubs at night that makes me feel excited and energetic

  1. How is the transportation there like?

I think my city has (1)comprehensive transportation.  Lots of roads are widened and traffic lights are installed to make travelling more convienient. There are various public transportations so people can (2) travel within long distance with cheap price

  • comprehensive transportation
  • travel within long distance
  1. What kind of transportation is popular where you live?

I'd say it is motorbike. You can see it anywhere, anytime of the day. Its price is (1) affordable so even people with (2) low income can afford to it

  1. What do you do at the weekend?

Not very much. The street at the weekends is always (1) jammed so I prefer (2) taking a rest at home and (3)catching a movie

  1. What will you do next weekend? (With whom? When? Where? Why?).

I don't have any plan yet as my schedule isn't (1) fixed. I guess I'd (2)grab some coffee and (3)chilling out with friends. It's the best way to get away from the (4)hectic pace of city life

  1. When you were a child, which activity you like best between painting and drawing? Why?

Well, I was keen on  painting when I was a kid . I love the feeling of mixing and creating new type of colors. It also allowed me to unwind, decompress, and express true emotion. My art appreciation evolves with time but I still do some paintings everyday.

  1. Do you think children nowadays love painting or drawing? Why?

I do agree to some extent. On the one hand,lots of kids (1) enroll in painting or drawing class. It allows them to express (2) inventiveness as well as imagination (3) to their fullest which are limited at school. On the other hand,  many parents want their kids to focus on studying subjects like maths or literature as they are (4)compulsory. So that's the reason why some kids aren't (5)engage in painting nor drawing

IELTS Speaking Part 2

Describe a positive change in your life.

– What the change was about?

– When it happened?

– Why did the change happen?

– How did you feel your change in this time?

Sample Answer:

That was my last year at high school and I had to decide which university I'd like to apply for. Like other high school students, I was (1) at a crossroads as I  didn't know what I want or who I  will become down the road. I (2)asked my parents for advice and they suggested that I should (3) take a gap year to figure out what I’m interested in. After that, I came to [___]  and started a new life. I didn't live with my uncle as I wanted to live independently so I  rented a small (5)studio flat on a tranquil road.  I looked for a part-time job and after being (6)rejected by some coffee shops, I finally made it at a clothing store . As I'm a quick learner so I easily (7)caught up with the job. Although it's a part-time job, it's quite stressful as there are so many customers come to the shop  so I hardly had time to (8)take a break. I really like the job as it trained me to (9)work well under pressure and (10)stay on top of everything no matter how tired I am. After a while, I realized that I (11)have an eye for fashion as I could (12)mix and match items perfectly and customers often (13) consulted me before buying. It's a hidden talent that I've never thought about . The most amazing thing about taking a gap year is that I made lots of new friends who give me (14) plenty of sound advice and we still keep in touch till now.
I have to admit that taking a gap year helps me to (16) fulfill my potential . When I came home, I decided to (17)enroll in fashion major. I want to become a successful fashion designer and I'm happy that I (18)made a wise decision

 


Follow up question: What changes do you want to make in your life?

I want to improve my English, especially speaking as my job requires me to be proficiency in English. If my English is good, I'll be  more appreciated and just one step closer to top jobs

 

IELTS Speaking Part 3

  1. Do you think your country will be changed in the future? Why?

From my point of view, it will see significant changes in both transportation and environment in the future. There would be less(1) traffic congestion as more and more new roads would be built.  The (2)cutting-edge infrastructure would allow people to travel easier than ever.  However, more vehicle is one of the reasons leading to air pollution. To make it worse, more (3)sewage from households and (4)contaminated water would be (5)discharged directly to rivers. These would (6)threaten lives of million people  and (7)worsen the environment. So I think that the government should (8)address these problems to create better life.

  1. Does technology make people change? Why?

Yes, I do agree. Technology has transformed our lives in both good and bad ways.Now our lives are simpler and easier thanks to it. For instance , (1) e-readers have transformed the way people read books. The Internet altered how we communicate  with each other . Sometimes the Internet has (2)detrimental effect on people because  they are likely to (3) be addicted to it and In the long term, it  (4) distorts the relationships. Technology has revolutionized the whole world and it has never be the same like before.

Quinquennium – Word of the Day for IELTS

Posted: 01 Jan 2017 12:22 AM PST

Quinquennium – Word of the Day for IELTS Speaking & Writing

Meaning:

a period of five years

Plural form of quinquennium: Quinquennia

Origin of quinquennium:

Quinquennium comes directly from the Latin noun quīnquennium, formed from quīnque“five,” and annus “year.”
It entered English in the early 1600s.

Example:

The top leaders gathered to plan activities and define new orientations and perspectives for the new quinquennium 2017-2022.

The numbers of net migrants stay constant for the period 2001 –2011 and the decline by half for every quinquennium.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment